Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day 1: Delivering water in Cite Soleil

Today we delivered water to Cité Soleil. It is my first time in Haiti and today was an overwhelming experience. The amount of poverty was unimaginable and I'm still trying to process it in my head and my heart. While getting off the bus at the first stop, children came running up to us wanting us to hold them. I picked up one little girl and she clung on to me so tight. I hugged her back as I knew she needed my love. After a few minutes, she pulled back to look at me and with a the biggest smile she said God is good, God is good! This was one of many truly amazing experiences I had today. I think it's safe to say the rest of the team experienced similar encouters today. It was amazing to see how much hope they had and how happy the children were with the simplest of things. They had nothing but were so happy with just the love we gave them. I came to Haiti asking God to work through me and I opened up my heart to whatever He may have in store for me. God has humbled me today and made me ever so grateful just to have been born into the life I did. I must use that gift to do great things. This is just the beginning of my journey. To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment